Fill out the form to send us your candidature
Recognition Robotics seeks to add an enthusiastic and driven Administrative Assistant to our team in Wixom,
MI. The Administrative Assistant will work at the direction of the Business Administrator to assist in the
execution of a variety of daily tasks that move Recognition Robotics closer to its goal.
• Compile customer quotes
• Review and confirm incoming purchase orders for accuracy and contact appropriate parties for correction
• Coordinate manufacturing and outsourcing of product components as required
• Schedule/coordinate training sessions and ensure proper documentation
• Maintain office and lab organization - physical and digital
• Processes the mail
• Maintain employee snack bar.
• Coordinates vendor work to be done on the physical building.
• Monitors office supply levels and orders as needed.
• Create and submit customer invoices
• Creates and submit invoices according to company practices
• Maintains online access to customer portals for submitting online invoices
• Maintains and updates customer files
• Drafts and sends correspondence for past-due customer accounts and collects, identifies delinquent
account by reviewing files, and contacts accountholders to request payment
• Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts
• Receives and verifies expense reports and incoming invoices
• Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase
orders and resolving discrepancies
• Ensures outstanding obligations are credits upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues
purchase order amendments.
• Maintains and updates vendor files
• Track all incoming and outgoing payments
• Ensure all accounting documents are properly saved
• Obtain updated quotes (pricing and lead time) on products.
• Verifies and records all items for shipments
• Receives goods, signs, and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from carrier(s)
• Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for all items
• Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate
billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as needed.
• Notifies appropriate parties of discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
• Prepares and packages all items for outgoing shipments
• Prepares bills of lading, packing slips, international shipping documentation, certificates of origin and
shipping labels for all shipments
• Completes information on on damage claims for in-transit damage
• Transports all materials on shipping dock
• Loads trucks as required
• Conduct inspections of equipment ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and internal
laws, regulations, and policies.
• Consults with management team regarding deliveries.
• Confirm delivery of all outgoing shipments
• Understand international shipping regulations and required codes including ECCN and HTS numbers
• Work with management team to evaluate appropriate inventory levels
• Purchase supplies, materials, and services according to the companies policies and procedures
• Maintain knowledge of trends, prices, buyers and delivery conditions to anticipate future availability, and
communicates with management team to confirm purchasing decisions accordingly
• Maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department
• Evaluate vendors based on price, reliability, capability and previous transaction history
• Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable
terms and conditions.
• Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Superior work ethic with an emphasis on honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness.
• Ability to work independently and reliably
• Flexible and adaptable in various situations when interacting with many different personalities
• Ability to prioritize tasks especially with a change in priorities
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Proactive - Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professional with customers and vendors.
• Proficiency with MicroSoft Office and/or Mac software programs
• Ability to operate office equipment; printers and scanners
• Basic understanding of shipping (domestic and international) requirements, timelines, freight rates, policies
• Bachelor's degree Business Administration or related field
• Three to five years experience in an administrative role
• Experience in the technology or automotive industries
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be able to traverse facility on unforgiving surfaces.
• Must be able to work in hot and cold climates and in an environment with many noises and odors.